Indispensible windproof, lightweight shell jacket formulated for female riders
Few riders head out on their bike without a windproof shell. Whatever the time of year, they’re a staple part of your riding arsenal. For female riders, Assos have now patterned a pared-down windproof shell jacket for essential protection and brought it firmly into the Assos stable at a very fair price point.Now a key piece for the in-house test team, Assos have employed race-tuned Foil Ultra textile on the front, while the sides panels have been reworked to incorporate the high stretch and breathability of the proprietary Glossy textile. The dual-layer collar construction and raglan sleeves improve elasticity andcomfort while riding.
Those same cyclists who never leave without a windproof shell also value packability, which demands a product that can easily be stowed in your pocket while riding. The UMA GT wind jacket meets those demands. Cut in the revised women’s Long Distance design, this is a comfort-focused, easy-to-throwonpiece for essential protection, minimal volume and maximum performance.
This shell will rarely be left at home during the warmer months.
When to use?
This piece has been designed to give you crucial protection during cooler moments on your ride, such as rolling out before the sun has risen, starting a chilly descent or merely being prepared for dips in the temperature. Its design is incredibly low volume, meaning this shell jacket is ultra packable for stowing in your jersey pocket. It works best over a skinFoil baselayer and jersey combination.
Features of the UMA GT Wind Jacket Summer Woman
- Long Distance: A body-mapped performance fit that is a little less aggressive than the Aero Racing line. The best of both worlds, where wearability and speed converge.
- Foil Ultra: A windproof, water-repellent, ripstop, lightweight and hyper-stretch woven fabric.
- Glossy: This warp-knit windproof textile comes to the fore on the side panels to provide stretch and breathability.
- Stretch net: Deployed on the rear of the vest for increased ventilation and improved contouring while on the bike.
- Dual layer neck construction: To ensure your movement remains unhindered and comfortable while riding at a high exertion, there’s a double layer construction on the neck to improve elasticity.
- Raglan cut: Comfort-led sleeve design with a raglan cut for easy, free movement and reduced drag.
- Rustle-free: This piece of apparel has been designed to be as quiet as possible with a rustle-free fabric.
- DWR: As not every day comes with unbroken sunshine, Assos have treated this product to DWR (Durable Water Repellency) to protect you from rainfall.
- Full-length camLock zip: Slim, light zip for individually adjusting to the conditions.
- Visibility: The galaxyPink colourway elevates your visibility to other road users.
- ultra lightweight, ultra packable: As cyclists Assos understand the needs and restrictions that you face on every ride. With limited pocket space and a need to accommodate the essentials, Assos have diligently worked to create products with the lowest possible weight and great packability. As no one wants to feel like a packhorse on rides in changeable conditions, Assos have strived to strike the balance between weight, volume and performance. Assos’ approach is always to craft pieces that will exceed expectations as your back-pocket insurance policy. This approach involves minimal volume and minimal seams.
Material name by manufacturer: Foil Ultra, Glossy
Material 88% polyamide, 12% elastane
There are no reviews yet.