Fully loaded race jersey for spring and fall, complete with light insulation, built-in ventilation, and a second-skin fit
For race conditions that often bookend the road season, those ultralight mesh summer jerseys don’t cut it. Cold winds and cool weather necessitate added thermal core protection, which is where the Spring Fall Aero Short Sleeve Jersey steps in.
Assos knows that when our bodies’ RPMs remain high, less is more. This is why they designed a lightweight thermal jersey with short sleeves and climate-control features, as we often add and subtract warmers and a vest throughout the duration of the race. The first thing you’ll notice are two “valves” on the fronts of the shoulders. This Assos-exclusive feature acts like a set of air vents that draws in cool air from the outside and injects it between the jersey’s two layers of fabric. Why not just unzip? Assos constructed the jersey with two layers in twinDeck construction, essentially pairing a light thermal face fabric with a super stretchy outer panel to create an aerodynamic insulated race jersey. But when you’re going full-gas, preserving a tucked profile yet still needing a touch of body-cooling ventilation, unzipping isn’t always an option. This design solves the issue, resulting in a regulated core body temperature, without sacrificing aerodynamics.
The sleeves are made with SONIC textile, a highly elastic ribbed fabric that both molds to the arms and delivers light insulation with its brushed skin-facing side. The raw edges round out the package, along with color-coded Triple Ramp Pockets, metal camlock zipper, and ultralight ribbed rear hem.
Features of the Equipe RS jersey
- Push Pull: The main fabric is Assos-developed Push Pull warp-knit textile with high UV protection (UPF 50+). Highly breathable, this fine gauge knit with bi-stretch is quick drying and very comfortable.
- Tibet: Used for the jersey’s lining, this bi-stretch circular knit adds light insulation and helps pull moisture away from the skin.
- twinDeck: Double-layer fabric construction boosts insulation using a combination of Push Pull and Tibet textiles. Employed on the front panel and upper back.
- SONIC-SN: The sleeves are made with this highly elastic ribbed fabric, which creates a second-skin fit and features a brushed micro-sanded face for added thermal protection.
- Diffusor: An Assos-exclusive sewing construction that creates dual “valves” on the fronts of the shoulders, drawing in cool air for added ventilation.
- Double-Slider Zipper: Reversed camlock design, metal construction, with stabilizer tab at the top to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Triple Ramp Pockets: The storage design with three textile-lidded pockets optimally located for ease of access; color-coded and featuring a micro-perforated bonded tape for visibility.
- Raw Cut: Sleeves are raw cut, creating a smooth, aerodynamic design that seamlessly pairs with additional layers.
- Ribbed Rear Hem: A wide, ribbed elastic hem ensures a comfortable and secure fit.
- aeroFit: The trimmest, speed-focused fit that’s tighter and more compressive than the racingFit. May feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding.
Material 48% polyamide, 20% elastane, 20% polyester, 12% polypropylene
There are no reviews yet.